so...not only do i love to watch cooking shows on television...but i also listen to them on the radio. this is a recipe i heard yesterday morning on the everyday foods show on the martha stewart channel on xmradio.
i substituted vodka for gin, and will be serving it with oven roasted shrimp.
*according to wikipedia...if you substitute vodka...its referred to as a French 76.
i served it with this oven roasted shrimp & tossed salad.
This is a take on the classic French 75 which is a great aperitif and food oriented cocktail. We have infused the gin with fresh Cilantro which adds an extra herbal component to the cocktail.
1 1/2 ounces cilantro infused gin (see recipe below)
1 ounce simple syrup
1 ounce lime juice
2 ounces Champagne/sparkling wine
- Shake the infused gin, simple syrup and lime juice and strain into a champagne flute.
- Top with Champagne and garnish with a large lime twist.
- Use one bunch fresh cilantro per 1 liter bottle of gin.
- Pour contents of the gin into a vessel where the cilantro can be completely submerged.
- Add the juice of 1 lime and let infuse overnight.