Thursday, July 14, 2011

i'm listening...


i'm listening..., a photo by credd on Flickr.
i've had these in my front yard since we moved here.
but today...
they seem to have taken over.

the flowers are over 3 ft tall...
and there are a LOT of them.

when i arrived home this evening...
i was talking with my daughter on the phone...
and as i was describing it to her...
i took the time to REALLY notice them.

when did they get so tall?
and when did so many of them bloom?

i rarely use my front door...
so its not very often that i walk past them.

our weather is a bit cooler now...
with temps in the 60s this week...
and i've noticed quite a few developments in the garden.

all this beauty...
right in my own front yard...
and i've been too busy to notice.

i've been in a 'mood' most of the day...
that started when i was almost hit by a careless driver...
who almost ran me off the road...
changing lanes...
without paying attention to what they were doing...
or noticing i was already IN the lane.

then...
in a staff meeting...
i felt more like a referee.

whenever i have moments like this...
when there's so much going on that i barely have a moment to myself...
a line from 'the color purple' pops into my head...
and i know its time for some well-deserved 'ME' time.

it's ok to 'take a moment'.
stop.
breathe.
catch my breath.

the line?
god's trying to tell you something!

i'm listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment