Friday, October 21, 2011

peanut buster parfait...

peanut buster parfait... by credd
peanut buster parfait..., a photo by credd on Flickr.

ok...
so this doesn't exactly fit my 'healthy eating' profile...
but it certainly tasted good.

really...
i only ate a spoonful of it so far...
but plan to snack on it throughout the day.

one of my fondest memories of my childhood...
is being in georgia...
on a hot summer night...(what other kind is there)
with my brothers and all my cousins...
as we conned my grandfather into taking all nine of us to dairy queen...
we even had a song! :)

that was 1971...
and the last time we were all together.

that is also the last time i was with my grandfather...
as i moved to japan the next day...
and he passed away a few months later.

ok...
this post is getting deeper and deeper the more i write.
i just remembered that next week is the anniversary of his passing.

so...
to herman dixon...
i love you...
and i miss you...
and will forever hold you close in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment