steaming the potatoes took forever!!! perhaps i should have cut the potatoes...or used smaller ones. the recipe says to steam them for 12 minutes...but i steamed them for over 20 before adding the green beans...and could have probably gone to 30.
- 4 small red potatoes (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 12-ounce can light tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Greek or Spanish olives
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
Boil water in a large pot with a fitted steamer basket. Put the potatoes in the steamer, cover and steam for 15 minutes. Add the green beans and steam for 6 minutes more. Put the cooked potatoes and beans in a dish and set in the refrigerator to cool, or plunge into a bowl of ice water to cool quickly.
Put tuna, olives, onion, tomato and lettuce in a large bowl. Dice the potatoes and green beans, add them to the bowl and toss.
In a small bowl whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.