Wednesday, September 9, 2009

homemade pesto...

last year was the first time i made my own pesto. why? because i had a lot of basil. well...this year...i planted a lot of basil on purpose!



this morning i went out and picked basil and cilantro for today's pesto. i'm not particularly fond of pine nuts... so i used unsalted cashews.



and some fresh-squeezed lemon juice. since i will be freezing the pesto...i did not add the cheese.



my herbal olive oil gave it just the kick it needed to send this batch of pesto over the top!




i can't wait for the basil to grow again so i can make some more. or...maybe i'll pick some up at trader joe's.

1 comment:

  1. GIRL... YUMMO!!!!! I have a huge plant out on my porch I need to bring in tomorrow for pizza Friday. Thanks for posting this recipe because I am going to try it tomorrow.

    Happy Harvesting going on in the BGgarden so stop by and see me sometime.

    P.S. I want to ask you about a lens. DO you ever use Macro for people photo shoots.

    ReplyDelete